Good old fashioned lemonade. Pure and simple. Life can get a little crazy these days. A glass of homemade lemonade can help take you back to a simpler time. As always, have some fun and make it your own!
Make it pink by replacing 1 cup or more of the water with cranberry juice.
Go all melon on it and puree 4 cups cubed water melon in a blender. Finish by straining it through a fine sieve. Place three tablespoons of the puree in a glass, finish it off with the lemonade, stir and serve on the rocks.
Feeling really adventurous? Drop two small cucumbers into a blender, strain over a bowl until you’ve got at least a cup of liquid. Combine with lemonade and serve over ice.
And if it’s been a really rough week, feel free to add something a little stronger! Double or triple the recipe if you are serving a crowd.
- 4 cups water
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice (remove seeds)
- Microwave one cup of the water on high for approximately 2 minutes. Add sugar to create a simple syrup. Stir to dissolve. Once dissolved, refrigerate to cool.
- Strain lemon juice of any seeds, leaving any pulp with the juice.
- In a large pitcher, combine cooled simple syrup, lemon juice and the remaining water. Stir well.
- Taste. Want it sweeter, stir in an additional tablespoon of sugar at a time. Want it more tart, add a tablespoon of lemon juice at a time and taste.
- Want more? Double the recipe!