Avocado toast…SO trendy because it is SO tasty! Throw in SO simple to make and you’ve got a winner! The crazy thing is how many different ways you can top it and get a completely different taste experience. That alone should make it worth a try! Here are just a few options beyond this recipe. Of course, always start with the avocado and season it with good salt and fresh cracked pepper.
Then go crazy and top it with:
smoked salmon and red onion bacon and goat cheese
bacon and scrambled eggs crushed tortilla chips and salsa
a hard boil egg tomatoes and basil
feta cheese and scallions roasted corn, crumbled Mexican cheese & cilantro
goat cheese top with chili flakes
Pico de Gallo a fried egg
NEED I SAY MORE?
- 4 slices crusty rustic bread
- 1-2 avocados, mashed (depends on how big your toasts are!)
- ½ cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon good olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Slice up the rustic bread and toast.
- Divide the mashed avocado among the four slices of toast.
- Slice cherry tomatoes and place in a small bowl along with olive oil. Toss to coat tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place equal amounts of tomatoes on each toast.
- Garnish with crushed red pepper if looking for a little spice.